Wednesday, April 5, 2017

Private thomas enlistment blog

My Name is Melvin Thomas, I am a private in the union army. I was a former slave. I am really eager to continue fighting in really terrified to fight in the battles. I am afraid to loose a limb or die, but I am willing to risk it so I can free my race. I know that the whole government and army shares this goal. Even though I have a poor education, I have big goals. I was placed with a battery in charge of firing cannons at the confederacy. I hope to destroy their government. Our first drill will start tomorrow. I hope to see emancipation the time the war is finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment

1865 post - Emily Yu

Hey ma and pa, I'm writing to you because I have something important to tell you , but first, I should tell you what happened after the...