Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Emily's and Kenny's 1863 blog

https://youtu.be/USnrzzKVb8M

Due to technical difficulties, certain segments of the film were invalidated, thus the video does not match the script. As the script has a better story, please imagine we are acting out the script,(Or something)

script:
*at a bar*
*obviously drunk*
E: Those damn butternuts!
K: I know, right!
E: Our first battle in the army and we were kicked like dogs.
*slams cup down*
K: At least, we don’t have to deal with Jackson. I heard that his own men shot him down.
E: Ha! Serves them idiots right! I bet they got themselves too drunk to see straight.
K: Maybe the Lord had granted us a miracle.
E: You and your stupid church, you’re all too soft if you’re relying on an unseen god!
K: Has He forsaken you?
E: He has forsaken everyone! Or else why would we still be living in this hell hole with this demon called white men.
K: Might I call the bartender for some salt in your drink? And why are we on this fine Earth? It’s because the Lord has given us a chance to…get along with the whites.
E: I’ll never get along with those white snakes, all they care about is profit. They don't care who gets hurt! If this so called “God” really exists, then they should all go to hell!
K:Hey, watch your mouth. If it wasn’t for me, you wouldn’t be here in this bar. Instead, you’d be outside in the cold rain, drinking...whatever the Union calls “water.”
E:You watch your own goddamned mouth! I had a perfect job on the docks that I quit to join the army!!!
K: All you did was skin and gut some damn fish. If the war hadn’t happened, you’d be living a life like that till your last breath. The war has brought on a new purpose! Lincoln gave us a new purpose! A second chance at greatness. Who would deny that?
E: Mr.Lincoln is the only white man I'll respect! The rest of them are trash! No matter if they're northern or southern, a white man’s a white man. They don't see us as remotely human.
K: That’s what the abolitionists are for! Their efforts may be futile now, but a little goes a long way.
E: But this little is too little, a nudge won't move a mountain, and all of this white man injustice is an ocean, a nudge won't even do a thing.
K: You never know. God knows, but since you don’t believe in God, I guess that makes you naive and idiotic.
E: Who’s the naive one here? You've lived your whole life in the cushy North and never had to deal with slavery except as whispers to think about when you're drunk! I’ve had to make my way all the way to the north! I'm a self made man.
K: And yet I still outrank you, and did you forget that I’m your commanding officer and regiment leader? Maybe a few more hours of drilling can remind you.
E:Hmf! You’re only a general because those white general bastards wouldn't want a person with brains to be commander. They just want a nice black puppet!
K: My skin or my brains don’t matter! Only character matters into this!
E:Then they chose a person with a perfect character-to be a puppet.
K: Either way, at least they trust me more than you with the idea of a command.
E:*sighs* Were you even listening to the last few minutes? Oh, I bet you. Can't hear others over the sounds of your hinges creaking.
K: Better to hear that than whatever you have to say. I must leave soon. I need to write something to my sister.
E:...get back to your sister? ...get back to your sister?! *grabs shirt* how can you say so much crap and still go back to your sister?
K: *Elbow to the chin* At least I have someone to go back to after the war!
E: what the hell do you think you know about me!*punches in the gut*
K: *Throws a beer mug at your face* I know that your parents are dead. I know that your siblings are still in bondage. I know that the Lord will not be merciful to you, even in death, and I can assure you that it will be painful!
E:Those are just fancy words! You don't know how it feels! To be bound with chains, to watch your parents slowly die because your master couldn't “waste” medicine, to fear losing your family everyday! When you go home, do you fear losing your sister!? Do you fear she'll die any moment? Do you feel like you're going to go insane with worry? DO YOU?
K: *pulls out a gun and points at it* Hey, BACK OFF!! *cocks it and gets ready to shoot*
E:*pulls our own gun* You coward! Who the hell threatens to shoot their comrade! *cocks*
K: You and I, corporal. You and I…
Random commander: Hey! What in tarnation are you fools doing!
E:This bastard has no right to be a commander
K: And this fool has no right to be a soldier at all!
CO: In my eyes, neither of you have the right to be men at all!
K: But sir!
CO:No buts! You are both going to carry a log until you drop! With your feet tied together. Maybe then you can get a bit of respect for each other!
K: *sighs* Very well, sir.
E: *spits*


In a camp
*both passed out already but are slowly regaining consciousness*
E:Uggggggghhhhhhhhhhh
K:*gets up slowly* I could say the same thing. Hey.
E:What, ya fool
K:*rolls his eyes* I want to say sorry for nearly shooting you back at the bar. I truly do mean it.
E: humph! If you're going to say that then there's no choice, I'll say sorry too...
K:you still haven't said anything-
E:shut up
CO: You two! Get back up here and help us pack up. We’re marching out to catch Lee!
Both: Sir! *Salutes*
K: *looks at Jefferson* Let’s do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

1865 post - Emily Yu

Hey ma and pa, I'm writing to you because I have something important to tell you , but first, I should tell you what happened after the...