Sunday, April 30, 2017

Private Melvin Thomas' 1864 blog

This year the union made many advances and achievements, I am sure the Union is very close to winning the war. This year we had our victory in Vickisburg, capturing the Mississippi and cutting the confederacy in two. This was largely due to the excellent strategy of our new general, General Grant. On top of that, we destroyed a large part of the confederates' infrastructure during the March to The Sea. However our rations continue to be as bad as ever, almost none of our army likes salt pork.
Either way, I am optimistic that the war is coming to an end.

No comments:

Post a Comment

1865 post - Emily Yu

Hey ma and pa, I'm writing to you because I have something important to tell you , but first, I should tell you what happened after the...