Wednesday, April 19, 2017

1862 Blog

1862 was an extremely tiring year. The biggest event was that I had to fight the Rebels as an infantry  In the battle of Antietam. The battle was extremely hard and bloody. There was blood and Dead bodies everywhere. However, this is the first time we showed the confederacy that we really meant business and could legitimately stop them. I felt finally that we could win the war. It is a good thing that the general turned a blind eye to blacks fighting because we could still not fight legally.  Despite all this I was frustrated with our very poor leadership and their strategy which stopped us from giving the confederacy a crushing defeat. This was a very encouraging battle due to the repeated losses in small battles the summer before.

No comments:

Post a Comment

1865 post - Emily Yu

Hey ma and pa, I'm writing to you because I have something important to tell you , but first, I should tell you what happened after the...